Phillip HaddadChief Operating Officer
Phillip Haddad has extensive experience in Supply Chain, Strategic Planning and Senior Leadership in both Defence and Commerce. He is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses.
Phillip has a diverse background and leadership experience in industry which features strong accomplishments in operations, planning and change management. His current appointment is a case in point. Booktopia is Australia’s leading on-line book retailer that has transformed itself into a highly automated, fast on-time delivery and customer focused business. Phillip led that transformation. Phillip joined Booktopia 3 years ago and is responsible for all aspects supply chain for this dynamic business.
12:10 PM KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: Tripling Productivity and Halving Costs at Booktopia through an Automated DC
- An overview of the Booktopia automated site including the implementation stages and what this means.
- Insights into the changes in previous manual systems to automated systems, which has increase shipping capabilities from 6000 to 32000 units.
- Addressing the benefits and challenges of having a fully automated system.
- Understanding the impact of moving to an automated system and what this means for staff in terms of training and up skilling.
- Managing your workforce for better inventory and warehouse control.
- Creating an incentive measurement that is accurate, fair and equitable to assist in up skilling and re-skilling to adapt to new working environments.
- Insights into measuring and utilising effective KPIs to drive maximum productivity.
- Training opportunities and programs to help ease staff into adapting to new technology and new systems.
- See the fully automated site and how it operations.
- Understand how the automated system allows for shipping capabilities of 32,000 units from 6,000 from the previous manual system.
- Visualise the benefi ts and challenges of having a fully automated system.
- See how the staff are trained to use the automated site in action.
- Moving to a automated system and what this means for staff in terms of training and up skilling.