Chief Operating Officer
12:10 PM KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: Tripling Productivity and Halving Costs at Booktopia through an Automated DC
Since 2014, Booktopia have moved from a low rise to a high rise site which has allowed for a fully automated system. This has seen significant improvements in the cycle rate, improved operational capabilities, a 97% next day shipping rate, an increase in customer satisfaction and supported a 30% growth in the business. This session will explore:
- An overview of the Booktopia automated site including the implementation stages and what this means.
- Insights into the changes in previous manual systems to automated systems, which has increase shipping capabilities from 6000 to 32000 units.
- Addressing the benefits and challenges of having a fully automated system.
- Understanding the impact of moving to an automated system and what this means for staff in terms of training and up skilling.
- Managing your workforce for better inventory and warehouse control.
- Creating an incentive measurement that is accurate, fair and equitable to assist in up skilling and re-skilling to adapt to new working environments.
- Insights into measuring and utilising effective KPIs to drive maximum productivity.
- Training opportunities and programs to help ease staff into adapting to new technology and new systems.
Since 2014, Booktopia have moved from a low rise to a high rise site which has allowed for a fully automated system. This has seen significant improvements for the cycle rate, a 30% business growth, improved operational capabilities, a 97% next day shipping rate, and ultimately enhancing the experience for the customer. This is your chance to visit the automated warehouse, and discuss with other professionals how might this work for your operations.
How you will benefit from the site tour:
- See the fully automated site and how it operations.
- Understand how the automated system allows for shipping capabilities of 32,000 units from 6,000 from the previous manual system.
- Visualise the benefi ts and challenges of having a fully automated system.
- See how the staff are trained to use the automated site in action.
- Moving to a automated system and what this means for staff in terms of training and up skilling.